CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Feeding the Wallabies

This past Thursday, the 20th of March, Travis and I went to do something I have been wanting to do since we arrived in Alice Springs...we fed the wallabies!! Wallabies are kind of like really small kangaroos. There is a hotel here in town called Aurora Heavitree Gap that has a wall of rock from the mountains that comes right up to it. Every evening around dusk, they come down from the mountain rock wall to feed. We bought food that is specifically designed for them and we were able to feed them by hand and pet them. As many of you know, I am not particularly comfortable around animals, but I have to say...this was one of the best experiences of my life!! We plan to go many more times before we have to leave here, but I am sure this is something I will remember for the rest of my life. Enjoy the pictures and videos of our expereince!! Check out this site for more great information on the Rock Wallabies: www.wwf.org.au/publications/black-footed_rock_wallaby.pdf


4 comments:

Mom said...

Too cute!!! I really can't believe you actually were feeding ANY furry creature!! Good for you!! By the way the last 4 entries (videos?) did not come through as anything but boxes with x's in the corner. Love, Mom

Mom said...

Hey kiddo, still no video :-(

jaime s said...

I've got to call you soon and chat about Amer. Idol with you! Are you guys able to watch it???

Hope things are going well. I'm going to write myself a note to watch the clock on your blog and call at the right time (I always remember at a time that would awaken you!)

Mom said...

Yeah!!! Wonderful videos!! The excitement of you driving up and down your driveway, to the too cute wallabies. Neat that they are working, finally. Love, Mom