CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

My Real Passion in Life

I have been wanting to update my blog in the last couple of weeks, but I didn't really know what to write about. I had thought about taking pictures of some of the organizational products that I got with Christmas gift certificates and show how I use them because organizing is one of my passions in life. After thinking about that for awhile, I realized that my mind has been preoccupied with my real passion in life...my wonderful husband and best friend Travis.

He has been gone for the last couple of weeks and I miss him so much. Every time I talk to him I can't wait to tell him about what is going on and hear all about his travels and how things are going for him. I miss his hugs and kisses and his cute crinkle eyes. I miss our hand signals and funny times that make us realize that we are "the same person." I miss that when we go out people always ask us if we are newlyweds because our love is so strong that it even comes across to complete strangers. I love how we make each other laugh and our knicknames for each other. I love his understanding when I am having a bad pain day and how he never takes it out on me or holds a grudge. I love how he tries so much to help me with things, but also knows when he needs to let me do things for myself. I love that God brought us together and Travis brought me to God. I think about how hard our lives have been and all the stresses on us over the last couple of years. When you go through something like this...it either breaks you apart or entwines you forever. I am so glad we fall into the latter category and that we have been able to have our marriage flourish over the last 6 years.

Travis-I love you with all my heart bunches and bunches and I can't wait for you to be home on Sunday!! May God bless you on your travels home!

2 comments:

jaime s said...

What a priceless treasure you have been given in Travis (and he in you). I agree! You can see/feel/ experience the "connection" you and Travis have. It's VERY refreshing to meet/know couples like you guys (especially knowing what you have been through).

We love you guys! What a GREAT tribute to your "real passion", Sarah! It's a great one!!

Mom said...

You are truely blessed to have each other! I don't worry about you, whether in Virginia or down under in Australia, because I know you have each other!