CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Welcome Sign

We finally went out to the Alice Springs sign to take pictures. It is a landmark in the area and has a big parking area right by it so people can drive up and take pictures. We took the pictures right as the sun was setting on a somewhat cloudy Monday night. It was really fun watching Travis set up the camera and then run to get in the pictures!

It is so pretty in Alice Springs. I am so grateful to be here and I can't believe it has already been 5 months! We are hopefully going to start doing some of the fun things in town and then in a couple of months we will hopefully start traveling around in Australia. If the rest of the country is as pretty as Alice, I can't wait!

I hope you enjoy the pictures!! I will hopefully be adding another update this week and I think I will try posting my first video on my blog. Until then...

3 comments:

Mom said...

Beautiful pictures of the Alice Springs Welcome sign!!! What an amazing looking sky!! AND What a wonderful update to your blog site the background colors are perfect!!Can't wait for the video!! Mom

jaime s said...

Wow...I'm away for a little bit and I have 3 blogs posts to read! Hooray! You guys look great. I like the new look on your blog!

Did you get our C'mas card...we were all in Colts gear. I thought that might make Travis feel a little less homesick!

What did you guys think of the Superbowl? We were so glad that those nasty Pats got beat and Peyton's brother won this year! Nothing topped last year's Superbowl but we were almost as excited when the Pats lost!!

Amanda said...

(This one is Jimmy, not Amanda.) It's fun to see all the new posts. I can't believe it took five months to get your stuff! Travis must have been suffering watching all small, normal-sized TV! Glad to see it all came in for you guys.

Your church sounds awesome. Amanda and I have always liked it when we can get to churches with praise bands.

Hope you guys get to travel soon. Enjoy Australia and post the pictures!

-Jimmy